In this role, you will work as a team member in Viptela’s Hardware Engineering function to define, validate, and deliver the next-generation SD-WAN networking appliances and sustain the existing platforms. This is a hands-on position that includes validation and sustaining/debug/second-sourcing activities, interfacing with OEM/ODM design teams and internal teams.
- Managing and working with external OEM/ODM partner teams
- Managing and working with external design consultants
- Involved in validation of electro-mechanical designs of Viptela networking appliances by completing Design Verification Tests for new products, and as second-sourcing efforts for the existing products.
- Developing test plans for Design Verification Testing (DVT) for hardware systems. The individual needs to be able to create negative/stress test cases and corner cases based on the hardware specification to be able to stress the system.
- Strong background with root cause analysis/debugging of products
- Interface with other disciplines, including Software engineering, Project management and Customer Support
- The job involves extensive collaboration with the wider team spread over time zones, along with participation in cross-functional efforts. It is essential that the candidate exhibits good communication, presentation, written and collaborative skills, and have a reasonably flexible schedule to accommodate meetings
- Self-driven, takes ownership of initiatives and drives on-going evaluation and success; makes product level decisions independently
- 10+ years of experience working as a Hardware Engineer with a track record of delivering complex hardware products
- Having knowledge of complete product development life cycle, including front end design, and backend product delivery into manufacturing
- Expertise in a schematic capture system such as Allegro Design Entry or Viewlogic/Concept
- Well versed in high-speed digital design concepts
- Experience using oscilloscopes, electronic loads, spectrum analyzers, power analyzers, etc
- Experience in the design and bring-up of complex boards with a combination of high component density, high speeds, and tight timing constraints
- CPLD/FPGA design experience
- Experience with various embedded processor architectures
- System architecture design experience including partitioning, hardware/software/FPGA tradeoffs, and quantitative performance predictions
- Experience in managing and working with external design (schematic entry, PCB Layout, FPGA coding) consultants
- Job might require occasional travels to Contract Manufacturing sites
- Familiar with chassis design and thermal issues
- Experience with RF is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. perl, python, etc.) is a plus
- Experience working in a Linux based environment
- Understanding of network protocols is a plus.