The Order Management Specialist owns the process for validating, managing, and communication for all purchase orders. The Order Management Specialist will be working across teams to streamline the order management flow to ensure efficient process. As a key member of the Sales Operations team, this team member will be running the clean PO process with Finance and working on all order related customer communication. This role will be providing customers any updates on incoming purchase orders, status of shipments, and any other order related question.
This role requires extensive coordination with many organizations, including Sales, Finance, and Operations. Individual must be able to work in a team environment, be self-motivated, well-organized, and extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated problem solving and communication skills.
- Review submitted purchase orders and order forms for completeness, accuracy, and compliance to clean PO acceptance policies.
- Run PO to sales order process in tools and related systems to ensure accurate data flow across the teams.
- Partner with project manager as manual processes are automated and streamlined.
- Communicate with sales and customers any items regarding the purchase order, shipping and packing slips, and invoice status.
- Responsible for partnering with finance on regular audits of all compliance reports, bookings, and payment schedules.
- Partner with operations on customer fulfillment status and details, preparing professional and standardized communication back to customers.
- Coordinate with sales teams and partners on renewal processes and times and ensure customers are provided with accurate renewal dates.
- Document processes, workflows, and training for a growing order management team.
- Contribute ideas and innovations to improve upon existing systems, work processes and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately explain difficult issues; ability to think quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines and details
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage a high volume of orders at quarter and month-end close while managing with accuracy and clarity
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues and impact
- Extreme attention to detail
- Prior order management and salesforce.com application experience a plus
- Demonstrate initiative
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work independently
- Possess strong level of expertise in sales and financial systems, preferably salesforce.com, NetSuite, and enterprise CPQ tools.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Viptela is a fast growing, pre-IPO network infrastructure company in San Jose, CA providing Software Defined Wide Area Networking to large enterprises. We provide competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. There is 401k and pre-tax healthcare and dependent care (HSA) as well as commuter benefits. The team is growing fast with lots opportunity for individual growth.