The Regional Account Executive will be responsible for driving sales of Viptela products and solutions within a specific geographic territory. The A.E. must be quota-driven and will represent Viptela and its product suite within the region. The ideal candidate will work with Inside Sales, Systems Engineers, and Viptela Partners to exceed sales objectives. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care. The A.E. will also play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
- Define and execute sales plans for the assigned territory
- Meet and exceed quotas through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing opportunities within assigned accounts
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect, and assess sales and move a large number of transactions through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in the Viptela CRM system
- Provide activity forecasts and regular pipeline reporting through the CRM system
- Own and collaborate on all aspects of the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Execute product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Develop accounts of various sizes and grow client relationships
- Understand the competitive market, be familiar with competing companies and their product suite
- Collaborate within the Viptela team on strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- 8+ years of enterprise networking sales experience with a track record of closing complex sales to Fortune 500 companies
- Domain Experience with routing, WAN optimization, Application Performance monitoring, or Cloud based solutions
- A Closer – consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Drive to expand client base and close sales
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written, team player
- Entrepreneurial – willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, “get it done” attitude
- Must be willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree
- We trust our colleagues and customers.
- We are self-starters who thrive with autonomy, and perceive “chaos” as an opportunity to shine.
- We survive disagreements.
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other.
- We are transparent thinkers and action oriented doers.
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft.
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k).
- Pre-IPO stock
Viptela, Inc. is venture backed with $105M in funding from Sequoia Capital, Northgate, and Redline Capital.