As Salesforce Administrator, you will be responsible for design, development, and ongoing support of our customer relationship management system based on the Salesforce.com platform. Our Salesforce Administrator must have proven, hands-on experience in developing and enhancing Salesforce.com and in integrating Salesforce.com with other tools. You will also work to understand other internal business processes and how we leverage the Salesforce platform to streamline and support those processes. Our Salesforce Administrator will be instrumental in creating and driving a strategy to automate processes between people, organizations, and tools. This role has opportunity for growth with different tools and systems as well as influencing strategy for business tools across platforms and functional areas.
- Develop and drive the best use of Salesforce.com to support sales and customer support business processes and tools.
- Develop governance on roles, updates, tools installations to ensure that proper controls are in place to keep salesforce.com running across multiple organizations through tool implementations and new user provisioning
- Provide on-going support and system administration to quickly fix production issues with Salesforce.com and provide on-going maintenance.
- Assist functional leaders in developing reports, dashboards, and direct strategy for overall reporting needs related to sales performance, customer support and lead to cash flow.
- Develop, implement and continually improve processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow, and approval processes
- Partner across Sales, Customer Support, Operations, and Finance on tools and systems integrating with or leveraging Salesforce team to ensure clean deployments and leverage best practices.
- Evaluate, recommend, implement, and integrate technology tools and new applications/objects into a solution
- Develop and enforce change management process from development sandboxes to Production. Ensure that all necessary changes are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed.
- Keeping abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements.
- Communicate best practices in Salesforce use, data management, and reporting.
- 3+ years Salesforce Administrator experience.
- Advanced Administrator certification required, Sales Cloud Consultant certification is desirable
- In-depth knowledge of SFDC configuration, dashboards, custom reports, and visual documentation
- Demonstrated analytical skills responding to requested changes and identifying potential for customizations
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Preferred – experience in integration and partner tools, preferably CallidusCloud, Docusign, and Netsuite
- The desire to be the voice of the user in communicating with management
- Prefer Apex, VisualForce development
- Experience evaluating 3rd party solutions and AppExchange products
- Experience with Salesforce Support Portal, Partner Portal, Communities, and Web Services APIs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to translate customer requirements into specifications
Viptela is a fast growing, pre-IPO network infrastructure company in San Jose, CA providing Software Defined Wide Area Networking to large enterprises. We provide competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. There is 401k and pre-tax healthcare and dependent care (HSA) as well as commuter benefits. The team is growing fast with lots opportunity for individual growth.